Thursday, March 12, 2015

2015 MacBook VS the rest (2014)

Apple recently just announced its new laptop line up, simply named it as MacBook. In performance wise, it stacks between MacBook Air and MacBook as I heard. Seriously for me, though thin is good but they are going a step backward by removing all the standard ports and add the new USB C for you. If you need the standard usb port you need to get the $79 adapter for it. So it theoretically means it cost $1,299 + $79 = $1,378... You might as well price it as $1,399 right? Moreover by removing those things, you did not do enough justice to your thinnest product...



View image on Twitter
and also the resolution...
View image on Twitter

Mind you these are 2014 products.

The MacBook comes with a usb port, hdmi and VGA AND DOES NOT comes with thunderbolt port. Yes, you heard it correctly. It actually quite surprised move to me that they abandon it. I imagine how many devices that made for thunderbolt go wasted. That is why I prefer to go universal port which I currently use one usb cable for all devices around me.

apple-dongle-usb-type-c

What I read from reviews about the new keyboard, all of them feels that its a bit awkward but "willing to give and try and get used to it". Why do the journalist feels so forgiving when it comes to Apple product? Simple. Just read here. As for the trackpad? well, I guess it might be a hit or a miss we will see more new interesting articles when it release.

My assumption reading from the comments and articles, I would believe that Apple is still as usual, charging at a premium price with limited features. They could easily add another USB C port but they did not want to. Take a look at Surface Pro 3. The form factor design and is able to squeeze in all the ports. Microsoft was also kind enough to add another usb via the power adapter for you to do your charging for your phone in case you are using the existing port for your mouse.

Oh wait there's more! Though the following clip is a parody but everything what he said did really make sense.



Did Apple reinvent themselves? Think again.

No comments:

Post a Comment